Dear Members & Friends,
The following items reflect the decisions reached by both Trustees and Worship & Music
committees so that we may seek to re-enter our building for Indoor Worship during this
The Trustees TENTATIVE PLAN is to either Re-Open for Worship in the Fellowship Hall OR
the Sanctuary(this is dependent upon Construction Completion & Professional Cleaners
coming to clean prior to our Re-Entry) on Sunday, July 19th.
For now, we will continue to offer ONE Service at 10:00a.m. doing our very best to keep
the Service to 1 hour, and to blend the various musical styles we all appreciate.
Depending on whether we are upstairs or downstairs, we may limit attendance to in
between 50-100 persons. We will advise if we need to limit numbers due to SOCIAL
1) When entering the building, all persons must be wearing masks. If you do not have a
mask, we can provide one for you. (Infants-4yr olds need not wear masks.)
2) Persons will be seated in their family groups by our Trustees or Designated Ushers
for that day. We will always be practicing 6 feet Social Distancing upon entry, seating,
3) Whichever floor we are using, we ask that everyone remain on that floor, and do not
wander in our building. This will help us later in Cleaning Practices.
4) There will be NO SUNDAY SCHOOL for now; children must remain with their families. We
will seek to provide some pick-up activities for our children who attend that they can
work on while in their seats.
5) In an effort to keep our Services shorter, announcements will be shared in an abbreviated
form, and Prayer Requests will no longer be shared verbally during the Service. All Prayer
Requests may be emailed, texted, or handed to Jeanine or Dave Stauffer by Saturday, by 6:00
p.m. (if handed, then upon entry).The Pastor or designated volunteer will read requests
during Service prior to Prayer Time.
6) No bulletins will be distributed; all items for Worship Service will be found on Screen.
Hymnals & Bibles will be removed from the pews; we encourage you to bring your own Bible
7) We will refrain from Congregational Singing since Health Officials and our UMC officials
have both advised against singing because it is considered to be a super spreader for the Virus.
8) No offering plates will be passed during Worship; you may drop them in the plate or container
we will have set up by the Sound Board as you enter the sanctuary.
9) We will NOT be serving any beverages or refreshments and we ask you NOT to bring anything to
share with others. If you have a coffee or beverage in hand, please leave it in your vehicle.
(ONLY Exception: if you must have bottled water for Medical Reasons, you may bring it with you,
but we ask you to take it home with you after Worship.)
10) On Communion Sundays, the Worship & Music committee will be providing Ziploc bags of
pre-packaged wafers & juice for you to grab as you enter the sanctuary.
At the conclusion of our Worship Service, Pastor Heidi will exit first, then Worshippers will be
directed by the Ushers on how to exit the building again maintaining Social Distancing.
At no time should Worshippers approach Pastor Heidi. We will be working together to protect her
physical space since she does have asthma, and this will lessen the possibility of her contracting
We will ALWAYS continue to offer our Worship Services on the Phone and Online via Zoom and Facebook
Live for any who choose to remain home during this Pandemic. Your Safety is Our first concern!
In Christ's Service,
Jim McClure (Trustee Chairperson)
Rose Marie Bireley (Worship & Music Cmt. Chairperson)